http://intelligenceprogress.blogspot.com.au/

Monday, April 25, 2016

We're trying to get our name out, so it's your chance to be the hero!

So hey, IndieDB is turning out pretty well. We're at #128 of over 38,000 games now, let's go for the top 100, are you with us?

If so, all you need to do to help us out is clicky the image I've embedded below.

Intelligence: 314th Clash

If you want to go the extra mile, just tell anybody you think might be interested to give it even a look, I don't mind if they don't like it, I understand it may not be for everyone, but the potential of word of mouth is a very valuable one. It's one that as the CEO of a non-profit game making organization, I more or less have to rely on, seeing as I don't have a marketing team at all, mostly because I can't afford one, nor do I feel obligated to get one, as I don't charge a cent for what can end up being years of work, and until recently, I was paying people for no profit to me personally beyond having a game that looked much nicer to help out. As financial stuff has gotten more rough, they've stuck by me, and I can't thank them enough for that. I feel bad not being able to even give them a little bit, and whenever I can, I do.

My hope is that you, all those who like what we do, will bring us new onlookers, and potentially, may be able to get us enough of a signal to feasibly greenlight this thing.

We would like that a lot, that's one of our goals, and don't worry, the game, even when it's on steam, will still be ENTIRELY FREE.

Such is the nature of non-profit game companies. I just want us to get somewhere, and I don't wanna take money from people to achieve that, if people want to give, well there is a donate button on the crazy chimp collective blog you can visit to the left, but I don't expect that, none of us do.

In fact, if you do donate, it would be great if you told us your name, we'll probably want to at least commend you for your charity with a drawing or something, we love the idea that someone may like what we do enough to throw us some dosh, to us that would be sensational, because we earn nothing, we do this because we love it.

I will in all likelihood give the dosh to those who deserve it, the team I employ to make everything really nice and pretty, sure I do a lot of stuff too, but ultimately, they are mostly in a much less ideal living condition than myself.

But enough about donations, just getting the word around is enough, most of the RPGmaker scene has died out, or has me on some sort of hitlist due to my infamy that has been brought about by past events I choose not to dwell on, it means though I essentially have to compete with actual developers, which is awesome to think about, but difficult to do, some of my competition are crazy good, and I hope one day to be able to be on their level, inspirational bastards they are.

Alternatively, you can click a button, hell, you don't even have to look at it, but the 'hit' being registered is still something, and something is better than nothing at all, so believe me when i say, we super appreciate anything you do, because you don't have to, it would take time out of your day to do so, so it's a very sentimental gesture, and I understand if you don't do anything. I can very much see the appeal to doing nothing.




No comments:

Post a Comment